I’ve had such a fun year sharing vegan recipes with you that I decided to do a top list of favorite recipes from the year. Not just my favorite recipes, but the ones that you all liked the most too!
But first, let’s talk about the new year. Every year we create New Year’s Resolutions and the most popular from year to year are vows to lose weight, make more money, and to find a mate. Don’t you think it’s funny that we never see the resolutions that would actually be easy to keep? For example, we never see resolutions like these:
- This year I plan to gain weight – maybe 10, 20 pounds.
- This year I’d like to learn to procrastinate more. If it really needs to get done, better to do it tomorrow when I have more energy.
- This year I think I’ll spend more time watching TV. The national average is 28 hours a week and I want to be way above average in my life!
I guess a resolution is about helping us to live our best lives. To aspire to something greater. I find it interesting that the word “resolution” used in describing a picture refers to how crisp the image is. I guess the same can be true of New Year’s Resolutions. The higher the resolution, the better the focus. Well, I have some resolutions for 2011 that I’ll share with you now:
- I will never, ever again eat chocolate. Seriously! I mean it! OK. I’ll start that one tomorrow. No wait, better to start a resolution like that on Monday. Yes, beginning on Monday, no more chocolate.
- I’m going to be more organized in 2011…as soon as I can find my book on how to be more organized.
- I will no longer run around the house all day in my sloppy yoga pants. Instead, I’ll wear my PJs. They’re much more comfortable.
- No matter what I’m eating, losing, or wearing, I will appreciate the people in my life. That’s an easy resolution because I have so many wonderful people to be thankful for — like you!
So without further ado, here’s my list of top vegan recipes from 2010. I’m looking forward to sharing a fabulous 2011 with you!
2. 3 G Brownies