Imagine a Vegan Sandwich Series featuring America’s Top 10 New Sandwiches veganized! A group of vegan bloggers put them together and now they’re featured on Endless Simmer.
We’re pleased to announce that our series, America’s Top 10 New Sandwiches Veganized has been published on Endless Simmer.
That’s right. All 10 Veganized Sandwiches in our series, including:
- Sandwich No. 10 the Vegan Spuckie Sandwich, prepared by Your Vegan Mom and featured a carrot salad on top of vegan deli slices.
- Sandwich No. 9 the Bulgogi Steak Sandwich by Manifest Vegan showcased tender strips of marinated tofu topped with caramelized onions.
- Sandwich No. 8, the Crispy Drunken Chicken Sandwich showcased two unique vegan recipes by Veggie Num Num and Epicurean Vegan who both provided recipes with sweet, spicy sauces.
- Sandwich No. 7, the Cheesy Mac and Rib Sandwich featuring a thick barbecue sauce grilled over thinly sliced tofu and served with caramelized onions and oh-so-vegan mac and cheese.
- Sandwich No. 6, The Pibil Torta Sandwich spotlighting crusty bolillo bread spread with a black bean paste, marinated wild mushrooms and finished with a layer of pickled red onions.
- Sandwich No. 5, The Fried Chicken Sandwich, a cashew cream encrusted fried *chick’n* patty topped with a lip-smacking, zesty slaw.
- Sandwich No. 4, The Maple, features two hot slices of maple-currant french toast loaded with a savory tempeh, white bean sausage and smothered with “mapleized” onions and vegan chipotle cheddar cheese.
- Sandwich No. 3, The Lasagna Bolonese, with lasagna bolognese, grilled sweet red pepper, and a vegan mozzarella spread, served on a round roll.
- Sandwich No. 2, The Brussels Sprout Sandwich, the only vegetarian sandwich on the original post, we piled on layers of golden-crusted Brussels sprouts with lime-infused apple slaw with dollops of sweet red pepper hummus to keep those unruly sprouts on the bun.
- Sandwich No. 1, The New Luther Vegan Sandwich, was inspired by the original version of this sandwich, allegedly created by soulful singer Luther Vandross. Here it’s veganized with a pecan-topped, maple-crusted donut bun, cut in half and filled with a herb-infused chickpea burger and wedges of smoked applewood “bacon.
We loved this series of posts showing how great vegan food can be, and it seems like many of you liked it as well! Head on over and make a comment about how much you love vegan sandwiches!