Gluten-free Snack Mix made with Rice and Corn Chex, Gluten-free pretzels, and other goodies. Salty. Crunchy. Delicious.
I watched with more than a little envy as my husband snacked on some Chex Mix. I snuck around when he wasn’t looking and picked away at some of the Rice and Corn Chex pieces.
But try as I may to be stealthy, I was found out. Believe it or not, some people don’t like it when other’s pick at the bag. Especially when that bag of Chex Mix was one of their stocking stuffers. Just because you received it as a present…does that mean you can be picky about how other people eat from the bag?
So I decided to make my own.
When you make your own, you only include the ingredients you like the most. No melba. No wheat. No picking…thank you very much!
Now the real question is whether I’ll let my honey pick at this batch of gluten-free goodness. Oh, there’s not much to think about there. Not really. I’m not too particular about those kinds of things. He’s welcome to pick away. Besides, I can always make more!
- 3½ cups Rice Chex
- 3½ cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups gluten-free Pretzels
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Amino
- 1 tablespoon mild Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat your oven to 250F.
- Place the margarine in a large roasting pan and put the dish in the oven to allow the margarine to melt.
- Once the margarine has melted, add the Bragg, miso paste, garlic and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal, pretzels, and nuts. Stir to mix.
- Pour the cereal mix into the melted, seasoned margarine mix and begin stirring immediately until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then stir to distribute the seasoned coating across all the pieces. Repeat this, stirring every 15 minutes until the mix has baked for an hour.
- Cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.